Sustainability and Recycling at Xerox
When it comes to sustainability, Xerox has been right in front with its many products and technologies. The features of these products and technologies assist in creating a sustainable and green workplace.
Sustainable Xerox Products
- The introduction of first-ever post-consumer recycled-paper products back in the early 70s.
- In the 80s, auto power down products were introduced, way before Energy Star programs were a thing.
- In the latter half of the 1990s, Xerox introduced a waste-free platform to create waste-free products for waste-free facilities.
- Xerox introduced a cartridge return program to remanufacture and work on empty cartridges.
- In the early 2000s, Xerox introduced solid ink technology that significantly reduced energy consumption and packaging requirements.
Xerox’s Achievements With Sustainability
The company has worked to remain sustainable for more than 40 years. Recycling is another success story of Xerox. The company is well known for its practices to use paper right from the initial stage efficiently. It helps in reducing the amount of paper used that should be recycled.
Xerox has introduced the PrintReleaf program for reforestation. Under this program, the company has planted more than 2 million trees to offset more than 17.4 trillion letter pages that have been used so far. The company has a program to use recycled supplies and toner cartridges for free. This program has been up and running for more than 20 years, and it has kept over 145 million pounds of waste from going into landfills.
Moreover, there is a program running that allows you to recycle your Xerox printer. It was introduced in 2019, and since then, it has prevented more than 2.4 million pounds of Xerox products from ending up in landfills.
Contact Fresno Copier to lease or buy a Xerox copier or printer today!